5 Rules When Starting Your Own Business
There are many people who dream of starting their own business. There are many people who actually go out and start their own business and then they fail dismally. There are horrific statistics of how many start-up businesses fail within the first two years. Some say as many as 80% of all start-ups fail within the first two years and of the remaining 20% another 80% fail in the following three years. The four businesses that survive the first five years will most probably be successful and exists for some time.
Imported content - 8 important things you need to know
7 security features when registering on the Central Supplier database
At the moment the hottest topic in the South African tender environment is the Central Supplier Database (CSD). If you want to do business with the South African Government in the near future you will have to register.
Central Supplier database versus vendor registration
As you know the Government has launched the Central Supplier Database on 1 September 2015. One of the purposes is "the establishment of a Central Supplier Database (CSD) that will result in one single database to serve as the source of all supplier information for all spheres of government.
Tender scoring and tender fraud
Article by Werner van Rooyen
We are frequently asked if there is a possibility that some tenders are awarded fraudulently. The short answer is no.
The difference between Supplier and Enterprise Development
The Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice came into effect on 1 May 2015. This means that any business that has a turnover of more than R10 million per annum and that participates in B-BBEE will have to comply with these Amended Codes.
4 Requirements for Start-ups
In the tender process it is essential that an enterprise has experience in the industry that it wants to tender in. In fact, the more experience the enterprise has, the better its chances of being awarded a tender.
Am I ready to tender?
During the past week it has become clear that there is this misconception that if you have a registered business you are ready to tender. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Business people assume that if they have a registered company, a tax clearance certificate and a B-BBEE certificate they are bound to be successful in responding to tenders.
Tenders and Fraudulent Documents
Last week we attended a briefing session of the National Department of Health. These briefing sessions are always interesting, specifically those requesting the supply of pharmaceutical products. These products are very specialized and only companies with the correct credentials can actually respond to these tenders.
Three Challenges to Starting a Business to Tender
Every day the average business owner faces different challenges in the tender process. Several challenges keep on repeating themselves over and over again especially when you are a start-up business or if you opened a company with the specific intention to respond to tenders. These challenges are: