Extended Title: Supply, Fabrication, Delivery and Installation of a New External Structural Steel Emergency Escape Staircase at the ESD Offices in Mark Street, Worcester
Supply, Fabrication, Delivery and Installation of a New External Structural Steel Emergency Escape Staircase at the ESD Offices in Mark Street, Worcester
Issuer: Breede Valley Municipality
INVITATION TO QUOTE
The Breede Valley Municipality invites quotations from suitably qualifying suppliers (service providers) for: 301363 SUPPLY, FABRICATION, DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION OF A NEW EXTERNAL STRUCTURAL STEEL EMERGENCY ESCAPE STAIRCASE AT THE ESD OFFICES IN MARK STREET, WORCESTER
Only suppliers who are willing and able to render the services as listed in the schedule of quantities, within the agreed weeks from receiving an order, are eligible to participate in this quotation.
Only those service providers who:
- Are CIDB (Construction Industry Development Board) registered with a grading 1 - SL or higher are eligible to participate in this quote (documentary proof must be submitted with this quote).
- Are registered with the applicable Bargaining Council (MEIBC – Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council) and comply with their agreements (documentary proof must be submitted with this quote).
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Construction Regulations.
- In Good Standing and Comply with the COIDA (Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act) and have a valid registration with the Compensation Commissioner.
- Comply with strict adherence to applicable Safety Guidelines which will be emphasised under this Contract. The Tenderer shall submit a Pro-forma Health and Safety Plan and append it to his/her quotation. Failure to submit the Pro-forma Health and Safety Plan shall render the quotation offer non-responsive.
- Valid Insurance, in addition to the insurances required in terms of General Conditions of Contract Clauses 11 the following insurance is also required:
- Public liability insurances shall be in the name of the Contractor, covering the Contractor and the Breede Valley Municipality against liability for the death of or injury to any person, or loss of or damage to any property, arising out of or in the course of this Contract, in an amount not less than R5 million for any single claim.
- Insurance in terms of the provisions of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 130 of 1993.
- Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance comprising (as a minimum) “Balance of Third Party” Risks including Passenger Liability Indemnity.
- Insurance to the value of R2,5 million for damage to or physical loss of property of the Employer that is not part of the work, arising directly from the execution of the Works. Details of this insurance are to be submitted prior to the commencement of the contract.
- Can demonstrate under schedule 9, to have minimum 3 years previous experience on contracts of a similar nature and extent (contactable references of previous projects must be included)
- Only those suppliers who meet the minimum threshold of 100% for local production and content as prescribed by National Treasury are eligible to participate in this quotation
- Compliance with required maximum construction period of six (6) weeks from commencement.
- No sub-contracting will be permitted, except for galvanizing services.
A compulsory site inspection with representatives of the municipality will take place on Wednesday 16 October 2019 at 10:00 AM.
Prospective bidders shall meet at the Electrical Services Department, Mark Street, Fairy Glen, Worcester.
Bidders who arrive 15 minutes later than the mentioned starting time will not be allowed into the meeting and / or site inspection.
A set of Quotation Documents can be obtained from the:
Breede Valley Municipality,
Supply Chain Management Unit’s Offices,
23 Baring Street,
Enquiries regarding the quotation process shall be directed to:
Ms. M. Africa at
telephone number 023 348 2960
Any enquiries regarding technical information shall be directed to:
Mr. L Bothma at
telephone number 023 348 8000
Completed offers, in properly sealed envelopes and clearly marked on the outside with the corresponding quotation number and description, must timeously submitted on or before the closing date and time in either one of the following ways
(1) To be placed in the municipality’s tender box situated at the Supply Chain Management Unit, Stofberg House, 23 Baring Street, Worcester, or
(2) By fax at: 086 560 7956
(2) By e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date and time of this quotation is 11h00 AM on Tuesday 22 October 2019 if the quotation is submitted late, it shall not be accepted for consideration.