Extended Title: Supply and delivery of protective clothing
Supply and delivery of protective clothing
Tender number: MNQ/SCM/29/18-19
Closing date and time: 22 March 2019 @ 12:00
Evaluation Criteria: 80/20
Tender Document Price: R500
Pre-qualification criteria for preferential procurement:
Only locally produced or locally manufactured Textiles, Clothing, Leather and Footwear from local raw material or input will be considered
EME or QSE which resides within the Mnquma Local Municipality jurisdiction will only be considered.
The exchange rate to be used for the calculation of local production and content must be the exchange rate published by the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) at 12:00 on the date of advertisement of the bid.
Only the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) approved technical specification number SATS 1286:201 1 must be used to calculate local content.
Evaluation criteria: The evaluation of the bids will be conducted in two stages namely:
Stage 1: Evaluation in terms of the stipulated minimum threshold for local production and content
The stipulated minimum threshold percentages for local production and content for the Textiles, Clothing, Leather and Footwear sector is 100%. Only bids that achieve the minimum stipulated threshold for local production and content may be evaluated further.
Stage 2: Evaluation in terms of the 80/20 preference point systems prescribed in Preferential Procurement Regulations
Price=80 points, B-BBEE=20 points. Bidders are required to submit an original or certified copy of B-BBEE certificate to claim preferential points.
Potential bidders are urged to submit the following attachments when submitting their proposals, failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
- Full CSD Report (Not older than one Month)
- Signed MBD 1 -9 (Part of the document)
- In the case of partnerships/consortiums/ joint venture signed agreement must be submitted with the tender document (attached to Schedule 2).
- All parties/partners to the partnership/ consortium/joint venture agreement must be registered on the Central Supplier Database
- Only locally produced or locally manufactured Textiles, Clothing, Leather and Footwear from local raw material or input will be considered.
- If the raw material or input to be used for a specific item is not available locally, bidders should obtain written authorisation from the dti should there be a need to import such raw material or input; and
- A copy of the authorisation letter must be submitted together with the bid document at the closing date and time of the bid. For further information, bidders may contact the Clothing, Textile, Footwear and Leather Unit within the dti at telephone 012 394 371711390.
- Declaration Certificate for Local Production and Content (SBD / MBD 6.2) together with the Annex C (Local Content Declaration: Summary Schedule) must be completed, duly signed and submitted by the bidder at the closing date and time of the bid.
OBTAINING OF TENDER DOCUMENTS:
Tender documents for this project can be obtained at Mnquma Local Municipality website and eTender.
TENDER SUBMISSION AND OPENING
Tenders/Proposals must be submitted by hand at Bid Box, Corner King and Mthatha Street, Butterworth. 4960 (Supply Chain Management) by 12:00 local time on 22 MARCH 2019
Tenders should be sealed, endorsed on the envelope with:
PROJECT NAME: SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF PROTECTIVE CLOTHING
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE:
- The Municipality is under no obligation to accept any proposal/tender and reserves the right to accept the whole or any part of the proposal/tender. No proposal/tenders will be considered from persons in the service of the state.
- The bidder or any of its directors/shareholders is not listed on the Register of Tender Defaulters in terms of the Prevention and Combating of Corrupt Activities Act of 2004 as a person prohibited from doing business with the public sector;
- The bidder has not abused the Employer’s Supply Chain Management System; or failed to perform on any previous contract and has been given a written notice to this effect.
- No late, incomplete, unsigned faxed, couriered, and emailed tenders will be accepted
- The tender offer submitted shall remain valid, irrevocable and open for written acceptance by the Mnquma Local Municipality for a period of 90 days from the closing date.
- The award of the tender may be subjected to price negotiation with the preferred tenderers.
- The municipality reserves the right to extend the tender period by notice in the press and on the municipality’s official website www.mnauma.gov.za
NB: Preferred bidders will be required to furnish the municipality with:
- CK/ Company registration, Certified ID Copies not later than3 month
- Tax Compliance Status PIN
- Certificate issued by the municipality or any other municipality to which he may be indebted to the effect that he and, in the event of the bidder being a company, also any of its directors, is not indebted to the municipality or any other municipality or municipal entity for rates, taxes and/or municipal service charges which are in arrear for a period more than three months and that no dispute exists between such bidder and municipality or municipal entity concerned in respect of any such arrear amounts. Bidders who reside within the Mnquma Local Municipality (MLM) jurisdiction will be verified with MLM Revenue Section.