Extended Title: Management, Operation and Maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Works and Associated Bulk Infrastructure for a 3 (three) year period.
Management, Operation and Maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Works and Associated Bulk Infrastructure for a 3 (three) year period.
Issuer: Zululand District Municipality
The Zululand District Municipality hereby invites tenders for:
Tender Ref. No: ZDM 015/2021
Tender Name and Details: Management, Operation and Maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Works and Associated Bulk Infrastructure for a 3 (three) year period.
The scope comprises a 3-year contract for the management, operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment works and associated bulk infrastructure, being 12 key pump stations, 39 water and 15 sewage treatment works located within the ZDM district. The contract will also include for SANAS accredited laboratory quality monitoring programmes.
CIDB Grading Requirement: Minimum: 7CE / ME / EP or higher.
NOTE: THE MUNICIPALITY WILL ONLY ALLOW THE FIRST 40 TENDERERS AND ONLY 1 REPRESENTATIVE OF EACH TENDERER INTO THE BRIEFING.
Work on this contract will be in terms of the principles laid down by the Expanded Public Works Programme whereby the use of sustainable, labour intensive methods utilizing resources from the target community is to be optimized. No tender documents will be sold/handed out at the compulsory clarification meeting.
Prospective tenderers are required to collect Soft Copy Documents on USB’s (universal serial bus) on 15 January 2021 from 9h00. Tenderers are required to Print and Bind their tender documents after receiving the USB at the briefing session at Zululand District Municipality Offices, Lot B-400 Gagane Street, Ulundi, 3838, on 15 January 2021. Tenderers are not required to travel in convoy to site in compliance with Covid-19 regulation protocol, however the Google Earth kmz file will be provided with the document.
Tenderers wishing to attend the clarification meeting are to strictly adhere to
the following procedures that have been put in place in response to the current
COVID-19 pandemic Regulations:
- Documents can be procured by making a purchase via EFT before 12h00 on 12 January 2021 into the following Zululand DM account:
Account Holder : Zululand District Municipality
Bank Name : Absa Bank
Account Number : 404 716 2045
Branch Code : 632005
Reference : ZDM 019/2021 & Company Name
- Tenders are to use the Tender number and the Company name as the reference. E.g. 019/202 - Company X and forward proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com No cash will be accepted.
- Documents to be collected at the clarification meeting only and will be issued upon presentation of a valid proof of payment which will be cross checked against the list of cleared payments.
- Attendance at the clarification meeting will be limited to 1 person per company. To reserve a place companies are to submit request via mail to: vhdtenders@ ecaconsult.co.za providing the company name, full name of attendee’s, copy of the attendees’ ID and proof of payment of the tender document.
- Those who have timeously paid for documents and submitted the required documentation of their attendee will be sent the time, date and venue of the meeting and will be provided with a unique attendee number.
- Numbers will be limited to a maximum 40 attendees per meeting, and response in excess of this limit will necessitate more than one clarification meeting to be held.
- Attendees will be screened, must wear a mask, and are to adhere to strict social distancing measures.
A R250.00 non-refundable deposit (eft only) is required for each tender document drawn (USB).
Enquiries can be directed to:
Mr L. Fourie, (ECA Consulting), on
tel: (034) 983 2825
during office hours.
Further enquiries may be directed to:
The SCM Manager: Mr K. Thusi, on
tel: (035) 874 5557,
during office hours.
Supply Chain Management enquiries can be directed to:
The Chief Accountant Supply Chain Management:
Mrs Nomsa Sithole, on
tel: (035) 874 5516,
during office hours.
A two-envelope system will apply with tenderers first being evaluated on their ability to achieve certain minimum technical requirements. Secondly the tenderers will be evaluated with regards to their financial offers.
Tender Closing Date: 12h00 on Monday, 15 February 2021.
Duly completed tender documents sealed in an envelope marked with the tender number and the closing date are to be deposited into the tender box at Zululand District Municipality, Lot B-400 Gagane Street, Ulundi, 3838, by no later than 12h00 on the closing date where they will be opened in public. Telegraphic, telefaxed or posted tenders WILL NOT be accepted.
Tenderers are required to achieve at least 30% Contract Participation Goals (CPG) including a minimum of 5% Black Women Participation of the value of goods, services and works paid to one or more enterprises (CPG Partner/s) as agreed with Zululand District Municipality before contract award.
Tenderers who are the main contractor (irrespective of B-BBEE classification) are not exempt from this requirement and are still required to have a CPG Partner. Tenders may only be submitted on the tender documentation that is issued. Requirements for sealing, addressing, delivering, opening and assessment of tenders are stated in the tender data.
This tender will be evaluated on compliance (returnables and completeness) and functionality. The Criteria as stipulated in the “Functional Evaluation Criteria, will be applicable for each functionality and compliance. The maximum weight of each Criterion is indicated in the tender document.
Any tenderer who scores less than 70% in respect of “functionality” will be regarded as submitting a non-responsive tender and will be disqualified.
Note that only tenderers who comply administratively (returnables and completeness of document) shall move to the compliance stage. The stipulated minimum threshold for local production and content for this bid is 80%.
The Bid Committee of Zululand District Municipality does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tender.