Extended Title: Lease of Portion 2 Of Remainder Erf 1056, Situated At Granger Bay Boulevard, Green Point, Cape Town
Lease of Portion 2 Of Remainder Erf 1056, Situated At Granger Bay Boulevard, Green Point, Cape Town
Issuer: Council of the City of Cape Town
TENDER NO: 62P/2016/17
INVITATION TO TENDER
TENDER NO: 62P/2016/17: TENDER FOR THE LEASE OF PORTION 2 OF REMAINDER ERF 1056, SITUATED AT GRANGER BAY BOULEVARD, GREEN POINT, CAPE TOWN
TENDER FOR THE LEASE OF PORTION 2 OF REMAINDER ERF 1056, SITUATED AT GRANGER BAY BOULEVARD, GREEN POINT, CAPE TOWN
CONTRACT PERIOD: 25 YEARS FROM LEASE COMMENCEMENT DATE
CLOSING DATE: 13 January 2017
CLOSING TIME: 10h00
TENDER BOX NUMBER: 125
IMPORTANT NOTICES TO TENDERERS:
a) Tenders must be properly received and deposited in the abovementioned tender box on or before the closing date and before the closing time at the Tender Office situated at the 2nd floor, Concourse Level, Civic Centre, Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town.
b) No late tenders submitted after the closing time of the tender will be accepted under any circumstances.
c) Tenders must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly reflectin0g the tender number and tender description as indicated above.
d) No electronic tenders or tenders via post, facsimile (fax) or telegram will be accepted.
e) Only original tenders will be accepted. No copies will be accepted.
f) For this tender to be valid on the closing date, the Tender/Bid Offer (page 7) and the Contract Form (page 7) must be completed and signed by the tenderer, and the tender price/s must be inserted on page 9.
g) Do not dismember this tender document (do not take it apart, or leave out pages, or change its wording, or put documents between its pages). All other documents must be attached to Schedule 11 (see Index on page 2).
h) A non-compulsory but strongly recommended briefing session will take place on 22nd September 2016 at 10h00 - 12h00 at the Boardroom, Property Management Department, 13th floor, Civic Centre, 12 Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town. For further details, contact Jason Toay at email@example.com or on 021 400 4981.
In terms of the provisions of the Municipal Asset Transfer Regulations R.878/2008, the City’s Policy on the Management of Certain of the City of Cape Town’s Immovable Property, 2010, and the City’s Supply Chain Management Policy, 2011, tenders are hereby invited for the lease of the following immovable property owned by the City of Cape Town (also referred to in this document as the City or CCT or the Lessor):
ERF NUMBER: Portion 2 of Remainder erf 1056, Green Point
APPROX. EXTENT (SQUARE METRES): ± 7 385
LOCATION: Granger Bay Boulevard, Green Point, Cape Town
ZONING: General Business Subzone 5 (GB5)
The City of Cape Town’s representative for the purpose of this tender shall be:
Mr Jason Toay -
Telephone 021 400 4981
1. The lease will be subject to the conditions and procedures detailed in this Tender Document.
2. Value-added tax (VAT) will be applicable to the transaction.
3. Competitive offers of either an upfront rental payment of approximately R100 000 000 (excluding VAT) [Option 1] or a monthly rental of approximately R750 000 (seven hundred and fifty thousand rand, excluding VAT) [Option 2] are anticipated.
4. In the case of a monthly rental payment [Option 2], the rental will be subject to an annual 8% (eight percent) escalation rate.
5. The lease will be for a period of twenty-five (25) years.
6. The successful tenderer will be responsible for all maintenance and improvement costs of the property.
7. The property is subject to availability.
8. The lease agreement will include a restrictive condition to ensure the Lessee may not cede, transfer or assign the lease without the City’s consent.
9. It is the responsibility of prospective tenderers to inspect the property prior to submission of this tender document and to consider consulting their own professional advisors in the matter of ascertaining for themselves the site conditions, traffic, location, surroundings, availability of power, water and other utilities, access to the site, applicable laws and regulations and any other matter considered relevant to the lease of the property. The City shall disclose any known defects on the property.
10. Tenderers are required to submit with this tender the relevant certificate (s) (either an original valid B-BBEE status level verification certificate in terms of Codes of Good Practice for Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment) Refer to Schedule 4: Preference Schedule.
11. Tenderers are required to provide a SARS Tax Compliance Status Pin from their local SARS office where tenderer is registered for Income Tax purposes, or within 7 days of written request.