Compiling your tender response
When responding to Private as well as Private Sector tenders, experience has taught that the system and steps explained below have worked the best. These are simple and easy to replicate and worth following when compiling your tender response.
1. In a normal tender response (not electronic), it is important to compile your tender documents in a neat, legible manner;
2. A well printed cover page gives the tender response a professional impression;
3. The cover page should indicate which tender you are responding to as well as your company information – this is for easy reference;
4. After the cover page follow with the original tender document received from the Purchasing Authority;
5. It is always good to insert some form of divider between the original tender document and all other documentation;
6. It is good practice to start your response with a covering letter. In this covering letter, which is addressed to the Purchasing Authority, mention the following:
6.1. The tender description and number;
6.2. The person responsible for the tender response;
6.3. And why your company is the best for the job – but remember to keep it short;
7. The covering letter is followed by the Index of your tender response documents. Ensure that you mark your tender response clearly. This can be done by using page numbers or dividers placed between each section of your response;
8. Directly after the Index the Pricing schedule should follow – Evaluation committees do not want to search frantically for your pricing schedule;
9. While Tax Clearance Certificates are still in play it should follow yoAnchorur Pricing Schedule;
10. Your certified copy of your B-BBEE Certificate or EME/QSE Affidavit is up next;
11. From here on in we recommend you follow the Purchasing Authority’s document and file your response according to their scope of work.
It is important to keep your compulsory documents together. Do not mix compulsory or additional documents with the Functionality response.
Last but not least – bind your tender response as one document. Following these easy steps will ensure that your tender response receives the necessary attention that it deserves.
Learn to earn
Attend a How-to-Tender workshop presented countrywide. Email email@example.com for more information.