Certificate of Independent Bid Determination
By W van Rooyen
Treasury Regulation 16A9 prescribes that the accounting officers and accounting authorities of Organs of State must take all reasonable steps to prevent abuse of the supply chain management system and authorises them to take action against system abusers.
The Standard Bidding Document 9 - The Certificate of Independent Bid Determination - serves as a certificate of declaration that are used by Organs of State to ensure that, when tenders are considered, reasonable steps are taken to prevent any form of bid rigging.
To give effect to this, the Certificate of Bid Determination (SBD 9) must be completed and submitted with the tender.
How to complete this form correctly:
- On the first open line you fill in the tender number and the description of the tender that you will find in the Standard Bidding Document 1 in the tender document;
- On the second open line you fill in the name of the Organ of State that has given out the tender;
- The third open line is where you fill in your name or your company’s name or your joint venture’s name;
- The authorized person must sign and date the document;
- “Position” is the authorized person’s job title;
- “Name of Bidder” is your company/joint venture etc. name.
Remember that this Standard Bidding Document 9 must be part of all Organs of State tender responses. If you respond to a tender and this document is not part of the tender documents then get a copy of the Standard Bidding Document 9 and complete it. Your tender response will stand out and you might just be one of a few whose tender response will be correct and accurate. You can get a copy off all Standard Bidding Documents on the National Treasury’s website.
Our newly revised Tender Manual will teach you how to complete all the Standard Bidding Documents. The Tender Manual will also teach you how to respond to tenders correctly and hopefully successfully. You can find the tender manual with completed Standard Bidding Documents here www.howtotender.co.za.
To learn more about this and many other tender conditions please attend one of our How-to-Tender workshops. For more information on the tender courses please email Estelle at Estelle@howtotender.co.za.
This article was written by Werner van Rooyen, Director of HowToTender (Pty) Ltd. which specializes in tender consulting and tender training.