Extended Title: Appointment of a Panel of Specialist Legal Service Providers for a Contract Period Ending 30 June 2023
Appointment of a Panel of Specialist Legal Service Providers for a Contract Period Ending 30 June 2023
Issuer: Swartland Municipality
APPOINTMENT OF A PANEL OF SPECIALIST LEGAL SERVICE PROVIDERS FOR A CONTRACT PERIOD ENDING 30 JUNE 2023
Tenders are hereby invited from suitably qualified and experienced law firms to tender for the rendering of professional legal services for a variety of legal services to Swartland Municipality as and when required, for a period until 30 June 2023.
Tenders may only be submitted on the bid documentation issued by the Municipality and must be valid for 120 days after tender closing. Late, electronic format, telephonic of faxed tenders will not be considered and Swartland Municipality does not bind itself to accept the lowest, part of or any tender.
Further details as well as the official bid documentation may be obtained from Jo-Maré van der Westhuizen at the Supply Chain Office, cnr of Hill and Piet Retief Streets (next to the Checkers entrance) or by telephone on 022 487 9700. A non-refundable cash fee of R120.00 is payable to Swartland Municipality for collection of hard copy tender documents. The tender document is available in electronic format on request, at no charge.
Bids will be evaluated in accordance with the Council’s Preferential Procurement Policy and the evaluation criteria contained in the bid documentation. The contract is classified as a small contract and the 80/20-preference point system will be used for the evaluation of the tender. The Preferential Procurement Policy will be available for perusal during normal office hours at the municipal offices.
Bidders must take note of the following:
1. To qualify for the advantages of the B-BBEE Act, Annexure MBD 6.1 must be thoroughly completed. There will be no benefits if the schedule is not thoroughly completed. Preference points MUST also be claimed in paragraph 6.1. Bidders are required to submit original and valid B-BBEE Status Level Verification Certificates or certified copies thereof together with their bids, to substantiate their B-BBEE rating claims.
2. Tenderers must be registered on the Central Supplier Database (CSD) if they wish to conduct business with the Municipality;
3. No award will be made to tenderers whose tax status is non-compliant;
4. Tenderers are required to attain a minimum score of 80% for functionality in order to be further evaluated in terms of the preference point system.
The applicable tender documents, in a sealed envelope properly marked “TENDER T34/20/21: APPOINTMENT OF LEGAL SERVICE PROVIDERS” must be deposited into the tender box at the municipal offices in Kerk Street, Malmesbury by no later than 12:00 on Friday, 22 January 2021 after which the tenders will be opened and made public at the municipal offices on the same day.
Enquiries may be directed as follows:
- Regarding technical specifications:
022 487 9400;
- Regarding Supply Chain requirements:
022 487 9400;