Extended Title: Appointment of a panel of maximum of three (3) consultants for the geohydrological studies and source development in Steve Tshwete Local Municipal Area for a period of 36 months
Appointment of a panel of maximum of three (3) consultants for the geohydrological studies and source development in Steve Tshwete Local Municipal Area for a period of 36 months
Tender number: BS28/03/2018
Closing date and time: 15/05/2018 at 12:00
Compulsory briefing: 24/04/2018 at 12:00
Tenders are invited for the provision of professional services, appointment of a panel of maximum of three (3) consultants for the geohydrological studies and source development in steve tshwete local municipal area for a period of 36 months as defined by the Scope of Services contained in the bid document.
Tender documents and specifications are available and can be obtained from Ms Rose Kalies, Department of the Director: Legal & Administration, Room B207, Municipal Building, Corner Walter Sisulu and Wanderers Avenue, P O. Box 14, Middelburg, Mpumalanga, 1050, Tel: (013) 249-7365 & Fax: (013) 243-2550 against payment of a nonrefundable tender amount of R500.00. Only bank guaranteed cheques or cash will be accepted. Cheques shall be made payable to the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality.
A compulsory clarification meeting with representatives of the Employer will take place at Electrical Workshop (Boardroom), Cnr Protea and Walter Sisulu Street, Middelburg, Mpumalanga, 1050 on 24/04/2018 starting at 12:00.
Bids will be pre-qualified in accordance with functionality criteria as outlined in the tender. Only the bids that meet the minimum number of 70 points out of the total number of points for functionality will proceed to the price and preference goals evaluation stage.
The closing time for receipt of tenders is at 12:00 on 15/05/2018. Telegraphic, telephonic, telex, facsimile, e-mail and late tenders will not be accepted.
Duly completed tender enclosed in a sealed envelope marked "TENDER NO. BS28/03/2018 :APPOINTMENT OF A PANEL OF MAXIMUM OF THREE (3) CONSULTANTS FOR THE GEOHYDROLOGICAL STUDIES AND SOURCE DEVELOPMENT IN STEVE TSHWETE LOCAL MUNICIPAL AREA FOR A PERIOD OF 36 MONTHS with the name of the Tenderer, shall be deposited in the tender box provided at the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality on the 1st floor, Civic Centre, Corner Walter Sisulu and Wanderers Avenue, Middelburg, before 12:00 on 15/05/2018. The tenders will be opened in public.
Technical queries may be directed to the the Director: Civil Engineering Services, Mr April Ntuli or Mpho Makgatha at 013 249 7170.
A preferential point system shall apply whereby a contract will be allocated to a tenderer in accordance with the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, Act No 5 of 2000 and as defined in the Conditions of Tender in the tender document, read in conjunction with the Supply Chain Management Policy of Steve Tshwete Local Municipality where 80 points will be allocated in respect of price and 20 points in respect B-BBEE Status level of contribution.
Tenderers must have the necessary skills, experience and capacity to perform the required work. Tenderers must have the necessary skills, experience and capacity to perform the required work. Only those tenderers/bidders/company's who score a minimum score of 70 points in respect of the functionality criteria will proceed to the price and preference goals evaluation stage.
No awards will be made to a person:
- Who is in the service of the state,
- If that person is not a natural person , of which any director, manager, principal shareholder or stakeholder is a person in the service of the state,
- Who is an advisor or consultant contracted with the municipality or municipal entity
The municipality reserves the right to withdraw any invitation to tender and/or to re-advertise or to reject any tender or to accept a part of it. The municipality does not bind itself to accepting the lowest tender or award a contract to the bidder scoring the highest number of points.
A maximum of three (3) consultants will be appointed, 1 as per area.
Pre-qualifying criteria for preferential procurement shall be applied. Bids will be pre-qualified on one (1) criteria for preferential procurement. Only bidders that meet the following pre-qualifying criteria shall be considered:
- Criteria 1: Only BBBEE Level 1 to 4 Certificate will be considered.
The following documents have to be attached (Bidders that fail to submit documents indicated as compulsory will be disqualified):
- Original certified copy of valid BBBEE Certificate (non-compulsory, failure to submit no points will be awarded) only SANAS accredited or Affidavits will be accepted.
- Copy of company registration certificate(CK) - Compulsory
- Copy of Bank rating if the tender is above R2 Million - Compulsory
- Copy/ printed Tax Clearance Certificate or Tax compliance status Pin to enable the municipality to verify the bidder's tax compliance status- Compulsory
- Copy of current municipal account (not older than 3 months) - copy of Lease Agreement - Compulsory
- CSD summary report - Compulsory
- Audited annual financial statements for the past 3 years for the Bid above R10m- Compulsory
- Certified Copy of Professional Indemnity Insurance - Compulsory